Wednesday 29 February 2012

Quick Update

This is just a quick hello and howdy to everyone.  I am in the middle of a super busy week.  My beloved co-worker Jess is away for two whole weeks.  I miss her so much and not just because she helps me fix my mistakes before my boss notices!!  I am covering her shifts as well as doing my own and man, that girl puts in some hours!  Especially when some weeks, I only work two or three days.  My poor feet are killing me!  And I need some extra hours in the day to sleep.  Roll on the weekend!!!

IMG_0398

Millie the cat is doing pretty darn well.  I can’t believe I’ve only had her since Friday.  She’s starting to settle in.  This is where she sat pretty much all evening.  She makes me laugh, she probably thought she was so brave, sitting outside my room.  She’s *in* the house… but only a step from my bedroom :)

She does have quite a few items in the ‘cons’ list though.

#1 She doesn’t really like to cuddle.  What is the point of a cat unless she wants to snuggle?!?!  I can usually force a cuddle for about five minutes and there is purring, but it’s just not the same.

#2 She really, really, really wants to go outside.  And that’s not going to happen for so many reasons.  Mainly because I live opposite a train station and near a bunch of busy roads.  And because she’ll probably try and go back to her old house.  So I have to put up with her crying.

#3 She learned how to open the security screen on my window.  She did it accidentally but I swear I saw a gleam in her eye as she realised how close she was to freedom. 

Pros

#1 I like cats.  Millie is a cat.

#2 She has sassy miaows and talks a lot to me.  I like talking to her, it makes a change from talking to myself.

#3 Despite the earlier photo, she’s been so brave and awesome about exploring the house.  This morning, she brazenly walked out to the kitchen and was only a teensy bit scared when the dogs barked at her.

I have a sort of fun weekend planned but am mostly excited about sleep!

4 comments:

Danielle said...

I just love the fact that you have Millie and Nilly. Or should I say Milly VA Nilly? Your very own animal band!

Abigail said...

I'm with Danielle. Millie and Nilly work so well together (at least, theoretically). And I'm glad things are working out with her, for the most part. Perhaps she will get more cuddly the more she settles in? My cats have never been particularly cuddly right off the bat-- Sphinx finally started staying on my bed all night two years ago and I've had him since I was 10. And Kelly (my cat we had to put down 2 years ago) would only cuddle on her own terms. You had to sit in place and wait for her to come to you. So maybe Millie just needs some time.

Emily grapes said...

I love cats.I wish I could have one so bad but horribly allergic to them. It makes me so sad every time I go near one or they want to get on my leg. :(

Hopefully she'll start to cuddle with you and be content indoors. :)
Emily at Amazing Grapes

Suzy Marie said...

It made me laugh that you put a filter on your bathroom photograph to make it more interesting! Does Australian money still have the little see through part on it? Also, I can't believe Henry flirted with you haha!!